What's the Big Idea?

 I keep coming up with nice little nuggets of ideas in my head and promptly forgetting them! This is also no good and quite counter productive to my whole goal of starting this blog, so it's time to take some initiative and fix this issue.

In my current game the 'Wight Isle' a twisted version of my home island. The players have recently finished our first dungeon, the fantastic Tomb of the Serpent Kings and are chomping at the bit for more dungeons to explore. They've heard some rumours about a dungeon in the hole of a massive oak tree (Hole in the Oak) in the local Hurstpark forest, and this looks to be the next adventure site.

They also sold some seeds to magic-user called Apocalypse Ann, if anyone has checked out The Waking of Willowby Hall it's going to tie into that adventure and eventually point the players in that direction... hopefully.

Now the main reason for me actually wanting to write this out. The current home town of 'Nippert' based up on my actual hometown of Newport, has a lot of pubs, inns and taverns. Much like it's real life counterpart, about a century ago, there used to be a number of large breweries in my town which ended up with the town having around a hundred or so pubs, which for the size of this town is quite insane, and also potentially untrue, but facts are not going to get in the way of fun! 


My idea is to create an adventure in the same vein as Stygian Library, and Gardens of Ynn that functions as one big pub crawl. I think most would know what a pub crawl is but if not it's simply when you go from one pub to another, get very inebriated, buy some awful meat based 'food' product and stagger home. 

The plan is to have some tools to quickly roll up/generate each location, staff, patrons and have events, things, or setbacks to contend with. At the moment all I have is the idea, but if I don't get it written down I fear my idea will just get lost in the ether with all the rest. 

I've planted the seeds for my idea, my next steps would be to break down perhaps the main components of the adventure on a low resolution scale to begin with, then focus on each on a higher resolution. 

Even if this ends up being hot garbage I think it will be decent practise! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monsters from Ravenloft I6 converted for use in OSE

Fortunes of Ravenloft

Other Uses for Adventuring Gear